The Cabaret of Dangerous Ideas: Fake News, Alexa & Networking
Three top academics, three dangerous ideas and your host comedian Susan Morrison. Dr Richard Milne (The University of Edinburgh) says it’s time to fight back against fake news before it kills our future. He takes aim at climate denial and dismantles the falsehoods. Dr Mhairi Aitken (The Alan Turing Institute) needs to talk to someone about her relationship with Alexa. Are the perks of having Alexa in her home worth the invasions of privacy? And Shalhavit-Simcha Cohen (The University of Edinburgh) shares the secrets of building connections without feeling stressed and awkward that might even make networking enjoyable.
PLEASE READ IMPORTANT INFORMATION BEFORE BOOKING
- Edfringe.com also sell an allocation from 29 July 2021
Communication will also be made closer to the event. Booking and attendance restrictions apply as per UK or Scottish legislation and advice.
- All tickets come with safe socially distanced seating from other parties. All bubbled seating is unreserved with table service
- Show duration is 60 minutes
- Venue doors open 60 minutes before the show start time. Please arrive early and allow time for distanced queueing
- Booking Bubbles must be maximum of 4 households in Scotland. We cannot accept groups larger than 6 (if bubble size is available for show) and we reserve the right to refuse entry.
- Masks are currently mandatory within performance venues as per Scottish Legislation. Please bring your own or one will be supplied for use during your visit.
- During your visit, payments are contactless. Orders can be made by browser app by scanning QR code at your table or payment taken by contacless payments
- COVID Safe cleaning protocols are in practice before, during and after each event.
- If restrictions are relaxed, venue capacity may be safely increased which still allows for all tickets to still be seated. We will only do this if safe to do so and keep our customers informed. We will always follow government guidance.
- All tickets are provided with seating but if you require particualr seating due to medical needs please email [email protected] after your booking so we can add a note to your booking.
- If you cannot attend due to showing symptoms or feeling unwell, please contact [email protected] to discuss rescheduling your booking.
- Most importantly - enjoy seeing a live comedy show with your friends or family in a safe environment!
Take a look at how we take your comfort and safety seriously.
Video showing safe and comfortable spacing inside our Newcastle club (October 2020)...