Live Nation & MZA present
DANIEL SLOSS: HUBRIS
1 x Booking Bubble of 2 available! Be quick!!
The all-new, 11th solo show by Scotland’s international comedy star, hot on the heels of his ground-breaking, global smash-hit ‘Daniel Sloss: X’, comes to The Stand, Newcastle!
‘Dirty, sweet and clever’ (New York Times)
‘Smouldering… deliciously dark stand-up. Brilliant!’ ★★★★★ (Mail On Sunday)
The incredible ‘X’ tour sold out across 40 countries, with 300 shows including over 30 European countries, UK, U.S., Canada, Australia, Hong Kong, Japan and even packing a Moscow arena (becoming Russia’s biggest-ever English language comedy show). The film of ‘X’ is showing on HBO in U.S. and Canada and became the first UK comedy special to make its UK premiere in cinemas, with its nationwide release at Vue.
‘Dazzling wit… Unstoppable’ (Daily Telegraph)
‘Simply world class… hilarious’ ★★★★ (Herald Sun)
Daniel’s previous two Netflix specials ‘DARK’ & ‘Jigsaw’ are streaming in 190 countries, 26 languages with the infamous ‘Jigsaw’ now credited with breaking up over 75,000 couples and cited in over 130 divorces world-wide (with fans even bringing their divorce papers for him to autograph at shows).
‘Comedy provocateur’ ★★★★★ (TheMusic.com.au)
‘Hilarious... Sloss is a festival highlight. See him!’ ★★★★★ (The Age)
He has sold out six New York solo off-Broadway seasons, appeared on U.S TV’s ‘Conan’ ten times, broken box office records in Edinburgh and toured in over 50 countries - this is his new show and it’s a strictly limited tour – BOOK EARLY!
‘Sloss is at the top of his game… exciting and powerful… Challenging and controversial… a master craftsman and a truly edgy stand-up star with his finger very much on the pulse… Brilliant!’ (Time Out)
With special guest KAI HUMPHRIES *
Warning: contains adult themes and strong language. Strictly 18+
PLEASE READ BOOKING INFORMATION BELOW BEFORE PURCHASE
* guest may be subject to change
PLEASE READ IMPORTANT INFORMATION BEFORE BOOKING
We can’t wait to open up and welcome you back to doing what we love most – live comedy shows!
We hope that you’ll appreciate that we want to do this as safely as possible for you, our acts and staff.
Please take a moment to read the below information. We know it looks like a lot but we want everyone to have a great time with us and know what to expect before confirming your booking.
Please be aware that masks are mandatory indoors for venues such as ours.
(Video showing how we take your safety seriously at our courtyard shows recently)
Bookings and Timings
- To allow for safe visits as per government advice, tickets are currently only available to book in advance in Booking Bubbles of 2 or 4 tickets. No other amount of tickets will be available to book. No tickets will be available to purchase at the venue or on the day of an event.
- The total ticket price for a booking bubble of 2 is £33 and the total price of a booking bubble of 4 is £66. Booking fees are applicable. Postage is unavailable.
- This event takes place in the main venue basement space (just like the good old days0 with a total of 80 tickets available per show and will operate as a one way system where possible.
Questions we'll ask you to consider before booking and entry to the venue
- Have any members of your party been displaying signs of illness in the last 14 days?
- Have any members of your party in their respective households or social circles been around those displaying symptoms of Coronavirus in the last 14 days?
- Have you travelled from or through an area considered to be a coronavirus hotspot?
- Once you have made a successful booking, a member of the team will call you up to 3 days before your chosen event and confirm a convenient time for your arrival. This is so that we can stagger arrival times and allow for safe distancing and to stop overcrowding. We ask that all members of your booking party must arrive together at the same time to help with this.
Arriving For Your Show
- Upon entry, the booking member of your party (lead booker) will have their details checked to confirm that we have a correct name, telephone number and email for test and trace purposes (if required). We only require contact detail for 1 member of your party. A separate page is provided for each party to keep your details separate and safe from others whilst we also complying with GDPR.
- A short 3 question check will be confidentially asked upon entry and this information will be securely stored and destroyed after 21 days following your visit along with your lead bookers printed contact details. If any answers to the questions are false we will not be able to allow you entry and no refund can be provided. Please see above for the questions which will be asked and checked on your personal contact page before your entry.
- A temperature check will also take place on each attendee.
During The Show
- All guests are encouraged to bring and wear their own mask. Masks will be available for those who forget. This is mandatory as per Public Health England guidelines for venues such as ours. Visors will also be available during the show for customers to use . We understand that it may not feel comfortable but we do aim to create as safe an environment as possible.
- Drinks service will be provided and available to order from our happy bar team when you arrive. Contactless/card payments only – no cash. We want you to have a great time in your booking bubble and stop areas of overcrowding to make your visit as safe as possible.
- Most importantly - enjoy seeing a live comedy show with your friends or family in a safe environment!
- Once the show have finished the team will ask customers to leave at staggered intervals to allow for safe social distancing.
- Temperature checks will take place upon entry for each attendee.
- Hand Sanitizers will be available throughout the venue for your use.
- Touchpoints will be cleaned regularly throughout an event by staff members. Touchpoints can include, but not limited to, handles, rails and card machines.
- WC facilities will also have increased cleaning during operating hours.
- Please follow staff advice and systems in place to help with safe social distancing.
- All staff members will wear masks & clear plastic visors, or gloves, when serving you.
- We encourage all guests to bring and wear their own face coverings. Visors will also be available at the venue as will masks for those who forget. Face coverings are mandatory for inside a venue such as ours.
- Risk assessments for operations which includes both staff and guests have been completed. This is reviewed regularly in line with government advice and Public Health England.
- Please respect our staff as they work in the interests of keeping everyone as safe as possible during your visit.
Further Information and Changes
We understand if you may need further information, and as we are still working with limited operations as a company, we first ask that you email us with your query to [email protected]
If you need to make a change to your booking, we are unable to refund individual tickets for a booking bubble and advise you not to book if you think members of your party require cancellation. Refunds are not guaranteed and are at the discretion of the company when made with 5 working days’ notice. If accepted, these booking refunds will only be available as a whole booking bubble and not for individual tickets.