Tuesday 3 August 2021
Please note, unless otherwise stated, all of our performances are strictly over 18s only
Jonny & The Baptists: Dance Like It Never Happened This is a show about grief. This is a show about loss. Just not how you’d expect. Dance Like It Never Happened is the funniest, most joyful and uplifting show you will ever see about feeling totally bereaved.
In 2019, we lost another election, our place in Europe and, worst of all, a dearly beloved friend. We are no strangers to grief, but it hurt.
Then in 2020, we all lost the world as we knew it. Our decades-long system of “dealing with emotions” (ignore them, drink heavily and make jokes) finally broke. We finally broke.
In their most honest & personal show yet, Jonny & The Baptists learn to accept and engage with their grief, telling the story of denial, anger, bargaining, depression and acceptance through their trademark blend of silly, joyful songs, deadpan stand-up and riotous storytelling.
Finding meaning, humour and beauty in the hardest part of life.
★★★★★ "Hilarious and moving throughout .... Jonny & the Baptists will make you laugh until you cry and probably cry until you laugh, too. A must-see." Sunday Post
★★★★ "Wickedly funny" The Times
★★★★ "Excellent, irresistible and winningly random" The Guardian
★★★★ “You'll mainly leave feeling warm and fuzzy.... note perfect” Metro
★★★★ “Seriously funny” The Stage
★★★★★ “Yes, the brilliant musical rabble rousers have certainly given up politics. If only the rest of the Fringe could give it up in this way, we might change the world sooner.” British Theatre Guide
Can't see the bubble your looking for email [email protected]
This show is still socially distanced at a capacity of 110 tickets. We are no longer calling customers to stagger arrival times.
Please allow some extra time for distanced queuing into the venue. QR code check-in will be available on arrival. Table service for drinks will be in operation throughout the show.
PLEASE READ IMPORTANT INFORMATION BEFORE BOOKING
-We respectfully ask you to wear a mask at all times in the venue as per government advice for live entertainment venues and our venue policy. Exceptions for medical exemptions and to take a drink allowed.
- To ensure the safety and comfort for customers, staff and acts we are running at reduced capacity with social distancing. Our capacity will increase when safe and sensible to do so. We are currently not taking bookings of more than 6 people.
- Please respect our staff who are here to help you enjoy your visit.
- The show is approx 90 minutes long with an interval.
- Booking bubbles are currently available for 2, 3,4,5 or 6 tickets. – All booking bubbles must remain socially distanced in the venue at all times.
- During your visit, payments are contactless or by card.
- COVID Safe cleaning protocols are in practice before, during and after each event.
- If you cannot attend due to showing symptoms or feeling unwell, please contact [email protected] to discuss rescheduling your booking.
- Most importantly - enjoy seeing a live comedy show with your friends or family in a safe environment!
Take a look at how we take your comfort and safety seriously.
Video showing safe and comfortable spacing inside the club (October 2020)...
The Stand Comedy Club Newcastle
31 High Bridge, Newcastle, NE1 1EW
0191 232 0707