Simon Munnery: Alan Parker Urban Warrior Farewell Tour
Show And Tell present
Please note show resheduled from 20 April and 13 June 2021
Multi award-winning comedian Simon Munnery reprises his notorious alter ego, the bedsit anarchist Alan Parker Urban Warrior.
Once the most radical, now the only radical, Alan returns with the old gold, the old truths, and some new truths (based on the old truths).
For over 35 years, Munnery has performed around the world, experimenting with and innovating the stand-up form. In the 1990s, his Alan Parker: Urban Warrior character took the comedy circuit by storm, garnering Munnery his own BBC Radio 1 series, which Time Out London called ‘the funniest thing on Radio One’ and a residency on ITV’s Saturday Live. 1996 saw him collaborate with Graham Linehan and Stewart Lee for BBC2 show, London Shouting, in his Alan Parker guise, and the character also become a regular contributor to NME magazine.
‘Gloriously inept radical anorak.’ Times
‘Marx, Engles and Sid Vicious would all have died laughing.’ Guardian
‘Munnery’s parody of a punk rock anarcho snowflake, hand drawn with real love for its subject, returns to a world worse than any he could have imagined in his home decade of the 1980s.’ Stewart Lee
Simon Munnery is a British Comedy Award nominee, Perrier Award nominee, Sony Radio Award winner and Chortle Award winner. He’s most recently appeared in C4’s acclaimed Flowers, and will soon be seen in Will Sharpe’s Louis Wain movie biopic, co-starring Benedict Cumberbatch and Claire Foy.
PLEASE READ IMPORTANT INFORMATION SO YOU KNOW WHAT TO EXPECT
We can’t wait to open up and welcome you back to doing what we love most – live comedy shows!
We hope that you’ll appreciate that we want to do this as safely as possible for you, our acts and staff.
Please take a moment to read the below information. We know it looks like a lot but we want everyone to have a great time with us and know what to expect before confirming your booking.
Please be aware that at least one form of face covering is mandatory indoors for venues such as ours - masks and/or a visors.
We encourage you to bring your own but all can be supplied ay the venue.
Take a look at how we take your comfort and safety seriously
A video showing safe and comfortbale spacing inside our Newcastle club - spacing will be just as comfortable here and we'll update with Glasgow video as soon as we're open!
A video showing how we take your safety seriously from one of our Newcastle shows. We'll update with Glasgow version as soon as possible when we are open.
Bookings and Timings
- All customers will have a seat as part of their ticket booking.
- To allow for safe visits as per government advice, tickets are currently only available to book in advance in Booking Bubbles of 2 or 4 tickets. No other amount of tickets will be available to book. No tickets will be available to purchase at the venue or on the day of an event.
- The total ticket price for a booking bubble of 2 is £26 and the total price of a booking bubble of 4 is £52. Booking fees are applicable. Postage is unavailable.
- This is a ticketless event - no tickets are posted or handed out on the day and we operate a guestlist entry system. Tickets are not transferable as ID can be checked to make sure collected tickets match the booking name.
- This event takes place in the main venue basement space (just like the good old days with a total of 88 tickets available per show and will operate as a one way system where possible.
- Once you have made a successful booking, a member of the team will call you up to 3 days before your chosen event and confirm a convenient time for your arrival. This is so that we can stagger arrival times and allow for safe distancing and to stop overcrowding. We ask that all members of your booking party must arrive together at the same time to help with this.
Questions we'll ask you to consider before booking and entry to the venue
- Have any members of your party been displaying signs of illness in the last 14 days?
- Have any members of your party in their respective households or social circles been around those displaying symptoms of Coronavirus in the last 14 days?
- Have you travelled from or through an area considered to be a coronavirus hotspot?
Arriving For Your Show
- Upon entry, the booking member of your party (lead booker) will have their details checked to confirm that we have a correct name, telephone number and email for test and trace purposes.
- Due to updated legislation, it is now mandatory for all attending members of a party to leave their contact details. We will note take and hold these details when your party arrives on the day.
- A separate guest list page is provided for each party to note all members together - keeping your details separate and safe from others bookings whilst we also complying with GDPR.
- Any members of a party who cannot provide contact details will be refused entry as per UK law.
- A short 3 question check will be asked upon entry and this information. If any answers to the questions are false we will not be able to allow you entry and no refund can be provided. Please see above for the questions which will be asked and checked on your personal contact page before your entry.
- All information taken is securely stored and destroyed after 21 days following your visit along with your lead bookers printed contact details.
- A temperature check will also take place on each attendee.
During The Show
- All guests are encouraged to bring and wear their own mask. Masks will be available for those who forget. This is mandatory as per Public Health Scotland guidelines for venues such as ours. Visors will also be available during the show for customers to use . We understand that it may not feel comfortable but we do aim to create as safe an environment as possible.
- Drinks service will be provided and available to order from our happy bar team when you arrive.
- Contactless/card payments only – no cash. We want you to have a great time in your booking bubble and stop areas of overcrowding to make your visit as safe as possible.
- Most importantly - enjoy seeing a live comedy show with your friends or family in a safe environment!
- Once the show have finished the team will ask customers to leave at staggered intervals to allow for safe social distancing.
- Temperature checks will take place upon entry for each attendee.
- Hand Sanitizers will be available throughout the venue for your use.
- Touchpoints will be cleaned regularly throughout an event by staff members. Touchpoints can include, but not limited to, handles, rails and card machines.
- WC facilities will also have increased cleaning during operating hours.
- Please follow staff advice and systems in place to help with safe social distancing.
- All staff members will wear masks & clear plastic visors, or gloves, when serving you.
- We encourage all guests to bring and wear their own face coverings. Visors will also be available at the venue as will masks for those who forget. Face coverings are mandatory for inside a venue such as ours. At least one must be work - mask and/or visor.
- Risk assessments for operations which includes both staff and guests have been completed. This is reviewed regularly in line with government advice and Public Health Scotland.
- Please respect our staff as they work in the interests of keeping everyone as safe as possible during your visit.
Further Information and Changes
We understand if you may need further information, and as we are still working with limited operations as a company, we first ask that you email us with your query to [email protected]
If you need to make a change to your booking, we are unable to refund individual tickets for a booking bubble and advise you not to book if you think members of your party require cancellation. Refunds are not guaranteed and are at the discretion of the company when made with 5 working days’ notice. If accepted, these booking refunds will only be available as a whole booking bubble and not for individual tickets.